Thursday, April 24, 2008

Experiment #1 Update


Yesterday went really well!  Sarah and Luke came over around 10:00 and we started out with everyone playing in Sammy's room.  They all sort of did their own thing at first, which was fine.  The fact that Sammy was letting them play with his toys at all was impressive.  After about 15 minutes of that Sammy decided to join Luke who was playing with the car garage.  Much to my surprise Sammy sat down nicely beside him and they played TOGETHER for at least 10 minutes.  I whipped out the camera so I could have this moment documented.  Then we moved on to movie time.  I sat them down with their own bowl of goldfish and instructed them to eat only from the bowl in front of them.  I then inserted the movie "If Only I Had A Green Nose" (Max Lucado video which is actually really cute)and walked into the other room.  I waited for screaming and yelling to ensue brought on know doubt by my son dipping his paw into Sarah and Luke's snack bowl, but it never happened.  Sammy did not bother their snacks once!!!  Thank you God!  So we were nearing the end of the the play-date when Luke and Sarah decided the wanted to play with Sammy's little kitchen.  Well......Sammy was none to sure about that. So he walked up to them, turned his body to the side and used his hip to wedge himself between the two of them.  He then planted his back against the kitchen and spread his arms the length of it preventing them from playing.  There was no violence involved, just a very clear point being made that this was his kitchen and he had not given them permission to play with it.  I had to pull him away several times and he finally gave in.  Other than that, it was a success and we will be doing it more often.  In fact I already have another friend scheduled to come over Monday morning.  Oh, and Sammy cried when Luke and Sarah left.  So sweet!

1 comments:

Micah and Sunny said...

Heather...thanks for your comments on my blog. That is so great! I love the fact that your little guy did so well at his experiment led by mommy. Oh, I remember my little guy was SO not into sharing. Even still, we have to talk about it before our friends come over. It gets WAY better with age, though.

Oh, I also love the O2 logo. That's awesome.