Monday, June 16, 2008

May 22, 2006

I was in Sammy's nursery attempting to hang his curtains.  His room was pretty much done aside from some finishing touches here and there.  I was in a bad mood that day and feeling REALLY emotional.  I just wanted my baby already!  Well, the curtains were not working.  It was a roman shade that my sweet Mother-in-law had worked really hard to make, but come to find out the pattern was wrong which resulted in the shade not pulling up properly.  So, I was sitting on the nursery floor crying when Jordan walked in the door with the mail.  He handed me a letter from Citizen and Immigration Services.  I opened the letter which stated that our I-600 had been processed.  Now let me explain why this was shocking news.  Once you receive a referral of a child you fill out a load of paperwork and mail it off to USCIS where they approve the child for entrance into the US.  Once that's approved a Visa can be issued for that child.  So here is the shocking part.  We were told that it would take up to 12 weeks for this form to get approved.  On the acceptance paperwork there were two dates noted.  Date number 1- Date Petition Filed: 5/15/06,  Date number 2- Date of Approval of Petition: 5/16/06!!!!  Did you read that?????  It was approved the day after they received it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  This was the last thing needed on the US side in order for Korea to release Soo Min Lee to us!!!!!!!!!  I called Dillon Intl. and told them about the letter.  I remember them being so shocked that they asked me to fax it over right away so they could verify that it was in fact our I-600 approval.  And....it was!  I quickly picked myself up off the floor, stopped crying and went back to work on the nursery.  Sammy was coming home sooner than we expected!


0 comments: