Wednesday, May 28, 2008

A moment of reflection

A friend in blogger world had a post one day just filled with little nicknames she gave her kids and it was one of the most enjoyable posts I have ever read.  So, I thought I would do the same.  

So here they are in no particular order:

Baby
Baby Boy
Dude
Love
Lovey
Lovey Bear
Love Nugget
Monkey
Tiny
Fresh
Freshy
Muffin
Muffin Top
Sweet Cheeks
Punkin
Punkin Head
Sweetness
DooDaa (as in Zippity)



This blogger friend also posted what she loved most about each of her kids. (blogger friend...you know who you are. Thanks for the ideas)  I am totally ripping her off, but it's really nice to reflect on stuff like this every once and a while.  So here are just a few things (because I could never list them all) that I love most about my Sammy.

I LOVE.....

The way he gives me a kiss when I get him out of his crib every morning.  

The way he will grab my face and force a mouth kiss if I try to offer him a cheek.

The way he "dresses up"

The way he nuzzles his head against you when he is really happy or nervous.  My Grandmother has a sweet little doggy and Sammy LOVES dogs, but for some reason he is really timid around Maggie.  So instead of petting her with a hand, he will bend over and gently touch her with the top of his head.  It is hilarious.  

The way he will run in circles like the Tasmanian devil when he hears the "Little Einsteins" theme song.

The way he LOVES to hear his Daddy play guitar.  He will watch for a minute and then he grabs the pick out of Jordan's hand and strums a few bars and hands it back.  

The way he just starts laughing and running hoping that you will chase him.  

The way he cuddles right before bedtime. 
 
How he will sit by himself and look at books.

The way he lays on his stomach and plays with this cars.

The way his countenance brightens when his Daddy gets home from work.
The way his eyes light up when he sees his grandparents.

The way he idolizes his big cousins.

The way he is made happy with the simplest of things.

Most of all I love the way this child has filled a hole in my heart in a way that I could have never imagined.  He is more than I could have hoped for.  Even when I am exhausted from the day, I miss him after he goes to bed.  On the mornings when Jordan goes to get him out of bed, I get a little jealous that he got to see him first.  I always heard people talk about how you love your child so much that your heart hurts, and I thought that was really neat.  But, it is far more than neat.  It is magical!!!!!!!!!!  This tiny little boy does things to my heart that can't even be described.  






1 comments:

Micah and Sunny said...

I LOVE it! What a great post. I fill like every day I should add something to my list of "I love you because..." There is something new every day I could add. I also thought another funny one would be "funny things my kids do/say."

I love reading your blog and will be posting a t-shirt design soon on my blog (thank you, very much !!!).

Glad to see happy things happening in your life...happy things are a comin' for us..like a crawlin, bablling, cooing little thing! (very soon, it looks like YIKES!!!)

Thanks for the post! Sunny